Below are links that Joyland parents may find helpful:
- Enrollment Forms – If you need to update any of the forms for your child’s folder including the enrollment, medical or tuition form please print out and turn in the following forms. In addition if you need a form for medication you will find it as well.
Enrollment Additional Information
- Articles – Below are a link to articles that you may find helpful as you navigate the preschool process. Just click on the interested article below for additional information.
Preschool Success – http://www.parenting.com/article/preschool-success
Play in Preschool: Why it Matters – http://www.education.com/magazine/article/play-preschool-matters/
Kindergarten Readiness – http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Ed_Kindergarten/ 10 Ways to
Solve the Preschool Bedtime Battle – http://www.education.com/magazine/article/preschool-bedtime-battle/
- ODJFS – Joyland is licensed by Ohio Department Job and Family Services (ODJFS). At this website you can find information for families including tax credit opportunities, finding affordable childcare, links to organizations. You can also find a copy of our most recent inspection at http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/families.stm.
- Help Me Grow – Help Me Grow (HMG) is a program for Ohio’s expectant parents, newborns, infants and toddlers that provides health and developmental services so children start school healthy and ready to learn. HMG can assist you if you have concerns about a child’s development by contacting http://www.odh.ohio.gov/sitecore/content/HelpMeGrow/default.aspx?sc_lang=en
- Step Up – Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s voluntary quality rating system for ODJFS licensed child care programs. Step Up To Quality recognizes early care and education programs that exceed quality benchmarks over and above Ohio’s licensing standards. Supports and awards are available to assist programs in achieving and maintaining a Star Rating. Joyland has a Star 3 rating with Step Up to Quality! Contact: http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/stepUpQuality.stm
- ASQ – At Joyland we use a tool called an Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) to look at children’s strengths and trouble spots and educate parents about developmental milestones and/or delays. The screening tool is used for children from one month to 5 ½ years. For information can be found at http://agesandstages.com/what-is-asq/.
- Scholastic Books – We often offer book ordering through scholastic book clubs. If you are interested in placing a book order at any time online feel free to do so by visiting https://clubs2.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LogonForm. Our online ordering code is GT2X4.