Being a toddler is hard work. At this age children are beginning to express complex emotions, learn their boundaries, push for their independence and start to toilet train. At Joyland our teachers have years of experience to help children be successful in all these areas. Our toddler program, which serves children ages 24 to 36 months, is held in a classroom environment that overlooks nature and provides toys and activities for self discovery. All of our activities are based upon our curriculum and our Toddler Goals and Objectives.
We provide all the food your child will need throughout the day including breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack. A schedule is provided below that outlines our meal times as well as our diaper changing times/potty times which occurs approximately every two hours.
- Provide a positive potty training environment through positive reinforcement
- Teach toddlers how to express emotions using their words
- Encourage children to accomplish things on their own (with help as needed)
- Learns shapes, colors and sizes
- Provide an array of activities to stimulate fine motor, gross motor, social and cognitive skills
- Teach the concepts of classroom rules, sharing and turn taking
- Assist in developing self help skills (dressing, eating independently, etc.)
7:00-9:00 Arrival/Free Play/Clean Up
9:00-9:35 Breakfast Snack/Diapers or Potty
9:35-10:00 Movement Activities/Circle Time
10:00-10:40 Gross Motor Play/Handwashing
10:40-11:15 Learning Centers
11:15-11:30 Story and Music/Diapers or Potty
11:30-12:30 Lunch/Diapers or Potty
2:30-3:00 Diapers or Potty/Quiet Activities
3:00-3:30 Afternoon Snack
3:30-4:10 Gross Motor Play/Handwashing
4:10-4:30 Group Activity
4:30-5:00 Fine Motor Activities/Diapers or Potty
5:00-6:00 Free Play/Departure
Trudy Nichols - Trudy is the lead teacher in the toddler room at Joyland. She attended the Licking County J.V.S. where she was certified in Early Childhood Education. She has been working at Joyland since 1998.
Devan Barnett- Miss Devan has been a toddler teacher at Joyland Preschool since June 2018. She 1.5 years experience working at other childcare centers as well as a year of classes in Early Childhood Development at Columbus State Community College. She also has a daughter named Luna who is in our infant classroom.